1. Not removing all of my makeup--Terrible habit because face makeup can clog your pores creating pimples and excess dirt and oil. Not taking off your eye makeup can create clumping and little specs that get into your eye while you are sleeping. In addition, since I wear contacts I have learned this is a big no no because it can create splotches on the contacts making you have to waste that pair and find a new one throwing off the amount of contacts you have. Also, not removing the eye makeup can make it difficult the next day to create a totally different look and makes your mascara go on quite differently.
- Reach for an eye makeup remover such as L'Oreal Clean Artiste Eye Makeup Remover--works great for sensitive eyes and removes waterproof and long-wearing makeup and its safe for contacts!
- If you don't have an eye makeup remover--reach for a simple solution everyone may have--Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- I have learned that less is more when it comes to skin care. The less amount of items with a decrease in the amount of ingredients is the way to go! For instance, using Cetaphil and Aveeno Moisturizer is all you need
- If you want to be very natural try using Oatmeal as your cleanser and either your favorite moisturizer or Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
4. Not drinking enough water: Water can help flush out toxins, moisturize your skin, and keep your cells hydrated. Goal: Kick my soda habit and incorporate at least 6 glasses of water into my diet.
5. Not washing my makeup brushes: SICKKK habit I need to learn to clean my brushes after each use and deep clean at least every one to two weeks.
- Try using a spot cleaner such as Sonia Kashuk Brush Cleaner
- Deep clean try using baby shampoo